12.16.2009

A cheap plan for the hallway... I hope :)

Wow, has it almost been a week since I've written last?!?! I'll blame the few days that I felt a little under the weather. Those seem to put me back a week even if I just spent an hour on the couch!

The beef jerky inspired me to use my dehydrator again. JayC had bananas on sale, so I bought a bunch with the intention to make banana chips and take lots of pictures and blog about them. Then, Dustin came home and we started eating bananas :) So, I think we have three left-- which I could dry, but since things shrink when you dry them, I'm not sure it would be much when I was done :)

A few days ago, I FINALLY put the last coat of white on the bathroom trim. My plan is to paint the ceiling and then the walls later today. It is a little room, so it isn't an unreasonable plan.

 When we put in the pocket door, we had to move the doorway over and make it a bit taller.






Here's a glimpse of that hallway. I haven't known what to do with this area because this hall has wood paneling throughout it. (Can you see the strip along the left side of the door? We found an extra piece of the paneling in the wood shop and matched it up.) I don't want to just paint it. Ideally, we would rip it all down and hang beadboard and drywall with an awesome chair rail. Until then... I'm going to try to revamp this area with an old dictionary that my mom used to use to kill spiders with and a bottle of wallpaper paste I just bought on sale for $3.99. I figure if it doesn't work, I'm only out a few hours and $3.99.

I'm confused about why this pic is vertical... It has done that on its own and I can't change it :)

As I took this picture, I realized that the paste that I bought says that it is "Paste of pre-pasted borders over paint". Opps.... my dictionary isn't exactly pre-pasted. :)

I'm not sure when this project will get done. If it doesn't happen this week, it won't be until after Christmas. Sunday night, my brother, sister in law, nephew, and their dog will be coming in from LA and and staying with us until after Christmas. So, with 5 people and 4 animals running around, I'm not sure I'll get much done :)

3 comments:

  1. Although I still plan to do this... my plans may have just changed. Last night, we went and saw Dustin's younger sister's house... she recently did bead board wallpaper up her stairs and it looks amazing. I have been eyeing it for some time now, but I am glad I was able to see it completed and in person last night. I am THINKING about putting it on the bottom of the wall and doing the book pages on the top. Since it is paneling, I have to do something to the whole wall.... I can't just do the bottom half and then paint the top. This project just slowed down a bit while I plan this out a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I was looking forward to seeing the dictionary on the wall. The bead board wallpaper will look great, though. You'll have to use the book idea somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still planning on doing the book, no worries :)
    I just can't QUITE decide how to tackle this hall... I really want to do the bead board on the bottom and the dictionary on top. So, I'm not sure where to start. I just want that paneling covered up!!(and, there are hardwood floors beneath the carpet.... sigh)

    My intentions were to have it done last week... oops :) I'll let you know when I do it. It will be soon (ish) haha =).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails