Ok, maybe I’m a bit dramatic with that title. And maybe it’s because we have project ADD and tend to jump from project to project. AND, (I’m giving this reason MOST of the credit) we had to make sure that our foundation leak was fixed before we even considered moving forward. I think that after 20 months of no foundation leaks, we can say it’s fixed…
So, today, here’s where the bathroom progress is.
Yes, these are technically the “after” pics. Today, they also became the DURING pics too though.
See that window? The one that looks out at nothing? Yeah, it gets on my nerves too.
If you think these pictures are pretty, here are a few blasts from the past when we discovered mold and mildew and other beautifully colorful shades of nasty.
And I present, the collage featuring Shades of Nasty.
And, since I am going in complete reverse order, here is when we suspected we had a problem.
We had wrinkly walls. And, we’d been noticing water on the floors around the edges. And, the trim was starting to pull away from the wall- on its own. Apparently rusty nails do that. So, when we’d had enough we cut out where we thought there was a window. We hoped that was the problem. It wasn’t.
We had A LOT of rain that summer. Our yard looks like this at one point. (and this wasn’t the worst). It is feet deep down there.
It just so happens, that the same day, inside our house looked like this. Note that the rug is not, in fact two-toned on a normal day. All of that was water. Lots and lots of water.
Enter in lots of stuff we didn’t plan on… like jackhammers
And a big trench in our backyard
We filled it with gravel and this pipe (that I can’t remember what it’s called…..) And, NO LEAKS.
So, now we are back to square one with out itty bitty, under the stair case half bath that has taken way more time and money than its square footage should allow! :)
PS- this is the short version of the leak and flood situation we had in 2009. HERE is the rest of the story. We also had to rip out our entire laundry room and our kitchen flooring.