9.09.2010

Easy table redo

My aunt recently found this little table for $10. Tables are one thing that we don’t need right now. This one is fairly short and pretty round. I couldn’t think of a use for it, so I redid it for her shop for some display space.
IMG_4406
IMG_4408
It had some rough places on it, so it first got a good sanding on its two shelves.
Then, I slapped on two coats of Gobi Desert (that I got for free) and finally tried my hands with distressing. Distressing things stresses me out! It can look good. It can also not look good. I used a 3M sanding block (that was also free!) and slowly went around this table.
 IMG_4611  IMG_4613
Some of the areas where I sanded looked a little yellow. I had planned on wiping on and wiping off some stain, so this didn’t bother me too much. I did this the same way I did our coffee table… but apparently with a different can of stain.…
I also didn’t realize how much pink was in the stain that I used….
IMG_4616 
Although I’m still in a bit of shock from the pink, I think it looks pretty cute. Like Dustin said “It looks way better than it did”. I guess that’s a seal of approval! :) And, I’m a bit over my distressing distress. Maybe I can do it to some things around the house now too :)
 IMG_4619
Here’s a before/during/after shot


(This is also my first post using Windows Live Writer… so please, bear with me while I figure it all out. I’m still not sure how to control all my pictures :))

3 comments:

  1. way cute shannon! looks really good.
    gail
    ps enjoying this cooler weather? I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and thanks for sharing..wow cooler weather means we can all paint more furniture..yeah...
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that you can create short urls with AdFly and receive $$$ from every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails