3.09.2011

Cleaning out the closet

 

Dustin and I have been saying since October that we are going to clean our our closet. Tonight is my last bit of free time for a while, so tonight, we started in here. These pictures don’t do the mess justice. It was way worse than it seems here.

IMG_6082

We slowly turned this mess into a bit of organization.

IMG_6084

We planned to do this during Modern Family, but it was a rerun. That might be a good thing cause we got a lot done in a short amount of time.

 

We started a pile on the bed of things to get rid of (minus the beagle who made herself at home)

And, what’s the deal with cats and hangers and laundry. Sophie loves when we mess with clothing.

IMG_6088

The pile on the bed turned into this pile on the other side of the room—everything but that black trunk. Tomorrow, I have an all day meeting and will be with someone who is in charge of a local clothing drive at his church. Most of this will go there. The other part will go to the women’s shelter in town.

IMG_6094

Plus, there is a big pile of dark sweatshirts that I’m going to wash before adding to this pile. Margot apparently made herself a bed on the top shelf with the sweatshirts…. and has been sleeping there for about 5 years.

IMG_6083

I also found a stash of hair ties. Margot has always stolen hair ties and apparently Sophie has started as well. My rule is… once the cat carries it around, it’s hers.

(Random note… when Margot was a kitten, I had to keep all my hair ties in a container. She figured out how to open the little drawer they were in and cleaned me out one day. When I moved out of that apartment, I found them ALL… under the stove. I think there were 40+. She also used to try to pull them off my wrists when she saw them. Obsessed.)

But back to the closet…

It’s a win-win. Other people get clothes and we get some tidiness back.

IMG_6091

IMG_6092

We aren’t quite done in here, but aren’t quite sure what we want to do yet. I think I want shelving on the side where the pants are. I want to leave about 2 feet for longer things like pants and dresses, but I think shelves would serve us much better. I also want something else for our shoes. Maybe they’ll get some space on the new shelves that we might do.

We aren’t in a hurry about it. We don’t NEED the space yet. So, for now, this is “done enough”! Well… it will be “done enough” once we get the car load of clothes out of the bedroom floor.

Something we’ve put off for months… and it took us less than an hour!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only one who will put something off for a LONG time because I dread doing it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it funny how we put things off! :) Glad to know I'm not alone! I've got a project I've been putting off for weeks (craft space) due to the weather being so cold. It's on an enclosed porch with no heat. I know if I got to it, I could knock it out in 3-4 hours... but here I sit! LOL
    your closet looks great and so glad that you have a great place to give the clothes a new home. :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha what is your cat doing with that clotheshanger????

    The end result looks really good!
    And i'm glad i found you true the facebook Indiana Blogging Ladies!
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails