Ever since I wallpapered with the dictionary, I've been trying to find other uses. I also matted a piece that I made with some. I love the look that I've gotten so far, but I'm running out of ideas :). In an effort to use another of my Styrofoam balls and to use up a little more of my dictionary pages, I created this masterpiece.
Ok, maybe not a masterpiece, but it is my favorite decor balls that I have done so far. And, it was super easy.. my kind of craft!
I just cut strips of the dictionary. I made them fairly thin so they would lay flat on my ball.
I had no rhyme or reason, I just glued. I did try to cover each strip with a perpendicular strip though. In my mind, that helped it to stick better.
As I got close to being done, I made sure that there were no green places showing through.
When I got all the way done, I 'mashed' it around like it was a snow ball to make sure that everything was pushed down snug and secure.
I really like it; it was basically FREE; and I used up an entire HALF page from my dictionary! Only about 800 more pages to go!
The other decor balls I also made. They can be found here for the sisal one and here for the twine. The globes are up next on the "to blog about list"!