1.20.2011

Office help and a kitchen in the living room

Whilst I’ve been working away upstairs with my staff all day…
Dustin has been working away downstairs…
IMG_5831

No, we are not going for a look of modern decor with the KitchenAid in the floor....

This pic contains 95% of our kitchen cabinet contents. He’s pulled it all out, bleached the cabinets, vacuumed the drawers, and brought me downstairs to pick out the things we don’t need anymore. (This last part has to be monitored. He is notorious for getting rid of things that we use. Daily.)
Did I mention that we’ve only lived here 5 years? Or that we did this a few years ago when I painted the kitchen? Or that we don’t need more cabinet space because we already have empty shelves?
This all started because of a recent conversation we had:
Dustin: I don’t think we need the chocolate fountain that’s in there…
Me: Good, because we don’t have a chocolate fountain.
Dustin: Yes we do.
Me: No we don’t.
Dustin: See? We don’t even know what we have and what we don’t… we need to go through them all
*For the record, we did NOT, in fact have a chocolate fountain.
** We did, however, have a chocolate dipping set, still in the box, with chocolate…. that may or may not be 3+ years old. Who keeps track of what’s in the cabinets above the refrigerator anyway? Well, besides Dustin… :)
IMG_5822
I just went to check on the progress, he’s doing good! :) I was just told “you act like this drives you crazy… but you love it”. I agreed with the stipulation that I love it as long as it doesn’t have to involve me. I don’t mind doing things like this, but I’m uber busy this week with work.
Without further ado, here’s an example of his OCD tidiness and organizational skills at work.
This drawer now contains things that cut, peel, slice, chop, and/or are tongs. He also added that this is the drawer where the finger mutilator goes… he had a bad, bad experience with the mandolin cutter. I’ll spare you the details. It’s gorey and gives my goosebumps thinking about it.
IMG_5832
And, yes it will stay this way. You should see his toolboxes…

He worked on jets in the Navy and the tools there had painted outlines under where they went. You leave a tool in a jet, it might wreck.

I think I need that system to keep the kitchen this way :)


Posting this at the Kitchen CleanUP Linky Party!

4 comments:

  1. lol I need that system for my tools! :)
    great job dustin! Do I see a yardsale in your future, or are you dropping it off at a charity?
    seems like the organization bug has bit everyone this month!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Michael is the same way. He is WAY more organized than I am. He was in the Navy as well...I wonder if Dustin and Michael were OCD before the Navy or if the Navy created it in them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon,
    This is my first time to your blog and it is so nice to meet you.
    I love that you are organizing your kitchen. You have to make a mess before you can make it better, right?
    My husband is not OCD. Kind of wish he was sometimes. :)
    The drawer looks great.
    Thank you for linking up to my party.
    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails